Waverly bedding is well known for classic bedding styles as well as other decorative home furnishings. Bedding can be coordinated with matching wall coverings, window treatments and other decorative accessories.
The Waverly company has been around for decades. According to the Waverly website, the company was founded in the early 1920s by a European fabric company known as F. Schumacher & Co.
An American designer by the name of Cy Clark developed eight patterns for the first collection of bedding and decor offered to consumers by Waverly. The company's success started there and by 1939, Waverly began adding coordinating wallpaper patterns.
By the early 1950s, the Waverly brand had developed a signature look that included their classic floral and stripped patterns. This company has shown great success in bringing their vision of affordable, stylish home decor to middle class households.
Waverly products are carried by thousands of retailers and interior designers. Look for Waverly brands at your favorite home furnishings stores such as Waverly Home, Waverly Home Classics, Waverly Baby, and Waverly Sun and Shade.
Waverly Bedding Styles
Waverly bedding is sold in sets that include a comforter, shams and bed skirt. Each bed skirt has a 15 inch drop. Extra accessories that you can purchase separately include decorative pillows, euro shams, table covers, valances, and draperies. These accessories come in matching or coordinating prints.
Waverly comforter sets come in the following sizes:
- Twin: 68 x 90 inches
- Full: 81 x 90 inches
- Queen: 92 x 96 inches
- King: 110 x 96 inches
Each set comes with standard size pillow shams, 20 x 26 inches, except for the king size set, which includes shams that measure 20 x 36 inches.
Most Waverly comforters have large floral prints on brightly colored backgrounds. The floral prints are often embellished with striped, plaid or paisley accents. Waverly has vintage patterns with warm tones and a nostalgic appearance. Waverly bedding and decor feature natural and traditional elements with modern, bold patterns. This gives the decor a transitional look that combines contemporary and traditional styles.
Waverly bedding designs are inspired by these five unique lifestyle collections:
- Beautiful Things Collection is inspired by the beauty found in the natural world. Pretty floral designs with images from a romantic garden where butterflies and ladybugs visit fresh blossoms set the mood for this collection.
- Cultural Rhythms has a far reaching, global inspiration that captures the cultural and ethnic elements of different societies around the world.
- Modern Essentials has a more contemporary, geometric feel. Cool plaids and stripes mix company with elegant scrolls and jacquard patterns.
- Past Perfect celebrates all things vintage and nostalgic. Classic patterns that endure the test of time never become outdated. Here, the romance of past treasures will always live on.
- Town and Country has rich, daring and bold elements of ornate and elegant urban styles blended with the relaxed, more traditional styles of country living. Bold stripes mixed with delicate floral prints give this collection a nice balance.
Waverly bedding patterns cover a wide range of decorating styles. Whether you lean more toward traditional decor or tend to be more of a free spirit that loves a more contemporary look, you should be able to find a bedding set by Waverly that appeals to you.
Where to Find Bedding by Waverly
You can visit the Waverly company online, however, you cannot purchase Waverly bedding directly from their website and must buy the bedding from an authorized dealer. Waverly recommends the following retailers for purchasing their bedding online:
The retailer on this list that carries the biggest selection of Waverly bedding is The Home Decorating Company. This retailer not only has the most styles of Waverly comforter sets but also has several Waverly bedding ensembles on clearance that have been discontinued. You can save anywhere from 20 percent to 65 percent on these clearance items. Shipping is free on all orders over 100 dollars.