Available in a variety of colors and finishes, Sunbeam electric blankets are perfect for adding a cozy layer to bedding during the winter.
About Sunbeam Bedding Products
Founded in 1897, Sunbeam specializes in a diverse lineup of electrics. Its products include kitchen appliances, bedding, home accessories, and garment care products. Its collection of bedding includes a number of heated items, such as:
- Heated blankets
- Heated comforters
- Heated foot warmers
- Heated mattress pads
- Therapeutic heated mattress pads
- Warming throws
The company also offers a range of luxurious heated blankets, throws and mattress pads under its SlumberRest banner.
Features of Sunbeam Electric Blankets
There are many reasons to consider purchasing an electric blanket. Perhaps you live in a regularly chilly climate. Maybe you just want something to snuggle up with on the couch. You could even be trying to save a little money by turning down the heat and seeking alternate warming methods. Whatever the reason, Sunbeam has you covered in many ways. The brand is considered one of the biggest names in the electric blanket market for a reason!
The Warming Mechanism
Sunbeam electric blankets contain a warming mechanism called ThermoFine. This innovative system is responsible for delivering just the right amount of warmth to your body - no more, no less. The system actually "reads" the body's temperature and responds accordingly. If your feet are cold, it will carry extra heat to that specific area. If your arms start to feel warm, it will recognize this and reduce the heat in those areas. ThermoFine even accommodates two people at once. On the company's queen and king size electric blankets, each side features a separate control. This allows each person to remain completely comfortable.
The Control System
In addition to providing just the right amount of concentrated heat, the electric blankets also offer plenty of options. Each includes a digital control that features 10 different warming settings, which allow you to customize your heat level to your desired preference. This comes in especially handy as seasons change; if you want light heat to soothe an aching muscle, for example, a lower setting is perfect, while a higher setting will keep you toasty during cold weather.
The system also features a 10-hour auto shut-off mechanism. This is a safety feature that ensures the blanket does not stay on for extended periods of time and potentially cause damage to you or your home. Many of the heated blankets also feature preheat mechanisms - perfect for warming up your sheets while you brush your teeth.
Sizes and Styles
The company's electric blankets are available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes. There is an ample selection of styles available, including:
- Egyptian Cotton Blend Heated Blanket: Thick and luxurious in both feel and appearance, this blanket is available in beige and winter white. It's made with a blend of polyester and Egyptian cotton for an extra-soft finish.
- Heated Blanket with Satin Finish: A satin finish brings a hint of elegance to this comfortable blanket, which is available in beige, sky blue, navy, and ivory.
- Heated Blanket with Diagonal Twill Finish: For a more casual look, try this version. It's made of the same soft polyester and is available in beige and ivory.
- Luxurious Heated Blanket with Box Pattern: If you wish to give an electric blanket as a gift, consider this one. Its elegant pattern lends the blanket a rich texture, and it's available in pretty mocha and cranberry shades.
- Luxurious MicroPlush Heated Blanket: Slightly thicker than its counterparts, this is a great option for anyone who always feels cold. It's available in garnet, deep blue, moss green, and beige.
- Quilted Fleece Heated Blanket: Give this carefree fleece style to a college student for his dorm stay. It's available in red, sage, off white, and dark brown.
Where to Purchase
A limited selection of Sunbeam heated blankets can be purchased online at Jardenstore.com. They can also be found at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Sears stores.