The right bedspread can add an elegant and classy look to your bedroom. There are slight variations between different types of king size bedspreads, so it's important to know your bed and mattress measurements to ensure the best fit.
Where to Buy
Shopping is easy with plenty of great choices to be found in a wide range of colors, patterns and prices.
Touch of Class
This website has a few offerings you might not find on most websites. Be sure to check out the top banner for the daily sales. There are three different types of bedspreads for a king size bed offering at Touch of Class, including:
- Fitted: A tailored look defines this bedspread style with split corners.
- Throw: This style gives a casual look due to the bell corners.
- Ruffled flounce: This style creates an elegant, feminine look featuring split corners.
You can find standard king size as well as California and oversized. The bedspread fabric range includes Matelasse, chenille, microfiber, quilted suede, fringed and even a reversible quilted style. There are styles for traditional bedrooms as well as contemporary, exotic, eclectic or transitional. Accessories, such as shams, throw pillows and curtains, are sold separately.
- Shipping: Fees are based on merchandise total amount. Shipping surcharge may be applied for heavy bulky items.
- Pricing: $55 to $370
Paul's Home Fashions
Paul's Home Fashions divides its bedspread choice into several categories, from rustic lodge to designer and woven options. You can find a nice variety of designer brand name options, too. Classic bedspread styles, such as Matelasse and chenille and even string fringe, can be found here. This look was inspired by candlewick bedspreads, which were popular during the Colonial and Victorian eras. Tropical style bedspreads with bright floral patterns, ocean and beach themed prints are also available.
Bedspreads in standard king and California king sizes are offered. In fact, an entire page is dedicated to California King size selections.
- Shipping: Free shipping for $100+ purchases.
- Pricing: Starting around $100 and up
If you're seeking an economical bedspread, look no further than Walmart. Many of the bedspreads are sold as a three-piece set that includes two matching pillow shams. You can find closeouts, quilted bedspreads, ruffle skirt bedspreads, chenille, and other fabric/design choices. Some bedspreads are very plain while others reflect styles, such as traditional, Victorian, country quilt, and novelty.
Some bedspreads are also available in California King size.
- Shipping: Store pickup and free shipping (check specific item) is usually available.
- Pricing: Starts around $30
You can find just about any type of king-size bedspread on Amazon for any budget. Some bedspreads are offered as three-piece sets that include a pair of matching shams, while others feature collections with more pieces. Different styles of bedspreads are offered, such as chenille, quilted, reversible, ruffled skirt, embroidered, and many other styles and fabric choices.
Many bedspreads are also available in California King size.
- Shipping: Prime members receive free shipping on specific bedspreads. Check each item to understand shipping costs.
- Pricing: Start around $35 and up
You would be hard-pressed to find a wider choice of bedspreads than those offered by Houzz. You can find over 1,000 bedspreads listed on the website. Some fabric choices include Matelasse, luxury cotton, chenille, quilted cotton and many more.
Some bedspreads are offered in sets. These can range from three-piece to seven-piece and other combinations of shams, throw pillows, bed sheets and other bedding pieces. Oversized options are also sold on Houzz.
- Shipping: Some offer free shipping, while others have shipping fees (check individual listings).
- Pricing: Starts around $40 and up
If you're looking for moderately priced bedspreads in a more traditional design and style, Collections Etc. fills the bill. The bedspreads featured on this website range from nostalgic cottage chenille designs to Jacquard styles. You can find ruffled skirt bedspreads, patchwork quilt, and even holiday designs.
- Shipping: Free shipping on orders $45 and over.
- Pricing: Start around $30 and up
King Size Bedspread Dimension Considerations
A properly sized bedspread should reach the floor on all three sides of the bed. It's important to know which type of king size bed you own, such as standard king or California king, to ensure the right fit.
King size mattresses may have different thicknesses. Pillow top or Euro top mattresses are deeper than a standard mattress. Pick a corner at the foot of the bed and measure from the top of the mattress to the floor to determine what drop length you need.
King size beds have two variations for mattress sizes. These are:
- Standard or Eastern king: This mattress size is 76"W x 80"L.
- California king: This mattress size is 72"W x 84"L.
Sizing for bedspreads depends on your mattress size. Bedspread sizes generally fall into these sizes:
- Standard king (Eastern king) bedspreads: 120" W x 110"- 120" L
- King-sized fitted bedspreads: Typically are the same size as a standard king bedspread.
- Deep mattresses measuring 10" or 16": 124" W x 120" L; these require an oversized bedspread with a 24" drop (measurement from the top of the bed to the floor)
- California king bedspreads: 114" W x 120" L or 120" W x 124" L (oversized)
Advantages of Bedspreads
A bedspread presents a sophisticated, elegant look without requiring many of the extra embellishments and accessories, such as a dust ruffle or bed skirt. Unlike a comforter that is often heavy and bulky, a bedspread is considerably lighter, making it an excellent choice for hot summer months. Bedspreads are often less expensive and can be changed out more economically to accommodate design statements or seasonal changes.