Outlet stores are super venues for saving money. You can usually find first quality bedding although some may also feature seconds. Many of the outlets sell discontinued or overstocked items. Most brick and mort outlet stores also offer online purchasing options.
SF Linen Outlet
SF Linen Outlet has been offering closeout bedding and linens since 1986. You can order online or visit the company store in San Francisco or Daly City in California.
Products you can find at the store, and approximate price range, include:
- Duvets and duvet sets: Pricing is from about $35 - $190.
- Comforters and comforter sets: Brands include Hudson Street, Hollander, and Epoch $35 to $120.
- Quilts and blankets (some include shams): Brands include Elite Home Products, Epoch, and Textiles Plus from $12 - $60.
- Mattress pads: Epoch brand mattress pads range from $4 - $130.
- Bed pillows: Brands include Epoch and Stayclean Nanofibre from $16 - $45. Pillow protectors are under $15.
- In-store coupons can be printed or shown on phone to be used in either store.
- When you sign-up for the mailing list online, you have immediately access to a 10% discount.
- Orders over $100 qualify for free shipping.
- SF Linens Outlet also has a storefront on Amazon and offers free shipping for orders over $100.
There are only a few bedding options offered on Amazon, such as sheets and comforters. Not of the items have reviews. Overall, Amazon customers for SF Linen Outlet bedding are mostly positive with a few items receiving negative reviews. The SF Linen Outlet website doesn't feature reviews.
Cuddledown started making down comforters in the 1973. The Cuddledown outlet store based in Maine was started in 1973 with a single product, down comforters, that became the company's trademark. Today, the company is located at 554 U.S. Route 1, Freeport, Maine 04032. Directions describe it as located just off I-295 on Route 1. In addition to the brick and mortar store, customers can order online directly from the company website.
The company offers wide selections of down comforters, pillows and featherbeds as well as synthetic ones.
The product line, and range of pricing, includes:
- Pillowcases and shams: Some are sold individually while others are sold in sets of two, ranging from $10 - $111.
- Bed skirts: Gathered, tailored and pleated bed skirts sell between $79- $249.
- Blankets, bedspreads, coverlets, covers and throws: Cotton, wool, down and synthetic down, alpaca, silk, faux fur, and cashmere (wide price range).
- Comforters and duvet covers: Down, synthetic fill, oversized and temperature regulating. $44 - $955.
- Pillows: Down, synthetic fill, silk, sleep solution, reading, throw, decorative and pillow protectors (wide price range).
- Featherbeds: Down, synthetic extra long twin that costs between $39 - $899.
- Mattress covers, toppers, protectors and mattress pads: Memory foam, wool fleece, temperature regulating, dust mite and bed bug proof, waterproof and hypo-allergenic (large price range).
- 100% unlimited lifetime guarantee for all products
- Will exchange or refund if not satisfied
- 70% savings on discontinued merchandise and one-of-a-kind samples
- Certified Safe Fabric (Oeko-Tex® certified) to be free of harmful substances
- Cuddledown VIP savings program that can also be used with 13 retailers that carry Cuddledown products; Gives free shipping rebates, 10% cash back on all purchases and more
Cuddledown customers are very pleased with their purchases. Some comments include, "These are the best sheets ever!", "A pleasure to sleep on (and under)", "Excellent feel, fit, wash", "High quality sheets!", and "Good customer service and quality products."
In 2010, Good Housekeeping gave the Cuddledown Primary Down Comforter a 4-star rating.
Egyptian Linens Outlet
The Egyptian Linens Outlet is strictly an online outlet that offers various bedding, such as sheet sets, duvet covers, comforters, bed skirts and other bedding options. Their options and general price ranges are:
- Sheet sets: The sets come in various fabrics, such as Egyptian cotton, microfiber, embroidered cotton, and flannel, for around $27 to $240.
- Pillowcases: These are sold in sets of 2 for $10.99 - $68.99.
- Bed skirts: Egyptian cotton, microfiber, and cotton sateen are available for gathered or box pleat style bed skirts at $20 to $100.
- Duvet covers: Some of the duvet covers come in seven-piece sets. Fabrics include Egyptian cotton and microfiber. Pricing is $30 to $255.
- Down comforters: Goose, duck and down alternative comforters are stylish. Some are also reversible (wide price ranges).
- Mattress pads, toppers and feather beds:, These are a wide range of materials and styles that include Memory foam, waterproof, synthetic feather bed, wool mattress pad, down feather bed, and 100% cotton mattress pad for $84 to $560.
- Bed-in-Bag: These are available in seven to 12 piece sets, some quilt sets are also offered for $80 to $150.
- Free ground shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states, including domestic PO boxes, APO and FPO boxes.
- The website features a clearance page for additional savings.
Customers are very happy with their purchases. Some comments include, "This duvet cover set is soft and luxurious, so well sewn and finished too!, "Super quality item--I am so happy with this purchase!", "Lovely texture, between cotton and flannel!", "The ultimate indulgence!" and "Always satisfied!"
Burkes Outlet Stores, LLC
Burkes Outlet is one of four stores of the parent company Beall's, Inc. which was founded in 1915 and became one of the largest employers in Florida. The company offers over 190 outlet retail stores located in 13 states along with an online store. The outlet idea began in 1987.
Their offerings and price ranges are:
- Pillows: Memory foam, bamboo, down alternative, and hypoallergenic pillows come in Euro square and standard sizes. Affordable priing is from $10 to $25.
- Sheets: Percale, Egyptian cotton and embroidered sets sell between $12 and $40.
- Mattress pads and toppers: Gel, all cotton, and waterproof pads and toppers sell between $15 and $50.
- The store is branded as 70% off every day.
- Many other items are sold, such as fashion, baby and kids, home decor, plus sizes, accessories, and pet supplies.
The website doesn't feature reviews. The BBB (Better Business Bureau) gives Burkes Outlet Stores, LLC an A+ rating with no customer complaints.
Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Store
Amazon features 10 pages of the storefront for Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Store with a wide variety of sets available in distinctive styles and colors. Not all the sheets sold are cotton, some are 100% Vicose made from bamboo or 100% polyester.
- Comforters: The goose down 1200 thread count Baffle box comforter costs around $400.
Customers ordering from the Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Store have the convenience of ordering through Amazon. Some items even qualify for Prime member perks and free shipping; just select those options from the left sidebar menu to see what is available.
Most Amazon customers are happy with their purchases, leaving comments, such as "Outstanding sheets I love the ones I received", "Great price high quality!", and "I just ordered a second set for my son!"
Bella Notte Outlet
The Bella Notte Outlet offers discontinued linens at discounted prices. Found in 1996, Bella Notte Linens arrived on the scene with the "world's first easy care, garment-dyed, eco-friendly luxury linens," according to the company website. Founder Kathleen McCoy termed these designs as "casual elegance".
Twice a year, the company introduces new items. Those discontinued items are sent to the outlet and marked down accordingly. The Bella Notte Outlet store is located in Novato, California. The town lies 15 miles north of San Francisco and is open Thursday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. The items can also be purchase online.
- Bed skirts: Choose from numerous dust ruffles in an assortment of fabrics, designs and patterns that cost between $145 - $261.
- Blankets, comforters & throws: These come in various materials, such as Jacquard, linen, velvet quilted in a wide price range.
- Decorative pillows: There are boudoir, lumbar, body, square, bolster and neckroll pillow styles in silk, velvet linen and other fabrics and designs (prices vary).
- Duvet covers: There are jacquard patterns, print designs and solid linen duvet covers; get them for $175 - $600.
- Quilts and coverlets: Choose from patchwork quilts to coverlets in crushed velvet with satin edge or homespun linen with crochet lace trim. Purchase them for about $288 - $327.
- Shams: Go with pillow or euro-sized shams made with lace, self flange, self ruffle from several luxury fabrics and patterns (prices vary).
- Sheet sets: Choose from linen and sateen sheet sets from $158 - $533.
- Pillow inserts: You can find feather inserts for shams, decorative pillows and pillowcases. Pick them up for about $27 - $161.
- All items are custom dyed, crafted, and assembled locally. The company only uses low-impact and non-toxic dyes.
- The newest items can be found on a dedicated page.
- Clearance items are featured on their own page.
- Savings are up to 50% or more.
Customers are thrilled with their purchases and tremendous savings. Some comments include, "This is the most comfortable sheet set we have ever slept on!!", "I have ordered from Bella Notte Outlet several times, and I'm always so pleased!", "I am crazy about this when comforter it is soft and beautiful", "Gorgeous piece!" and "We have a couple others and we absolutely love these!"
Shopping Bedding Outlets
Bedding outlets can offer excellent savings for the wise shopper. Be sure you understand the outlet's return/exchange policy since some outlets may have an "all sales are final" policy.